Monday, August 15, 2011

Coming Back to Blogging and What's to Come?

Photo of me after a
long night at the NHC
I'm probably the worst blogger in the world.  I have these grand ideas about things I want to write about, then by the time I get to writing it a few weeks, if not months, have passed.  This was the case with a review I wanted to do on the National Homebrewers Conference (NHC) that I attended in June, as well as a piece I wanted to write about craft beer in the ballparks.  While it is still baseball season, I could still write a piece of craft beer in ballparks and have it still be pretty timely (something I should still do), but a review of the NHC most certainly has been overcome by events.  Plus how much do I really remember after drinking all that awesome homebrew?

I really do like writing/typing things that are on my mind.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's cause I think that everything that I like is the most interesting stuff in the world and I feel the need to share it with everyone.  This is apparent in any face to face conversations that people might have with me when I go off obsessing about weather, beer, sports, music, travel and grilling/smoking meat.  I could go on for hours and hours!   But what can I say?  I'm a passionate guy!

So right now I have a few things that I want to write about, but they'll have to wait til I have some time.  Right now though, I'll create a checklist of things that I think I'll be writing about in the near future (i.e., Goal of next 2 weeks).


  1. What I was thinking back in March when I picked the Orioles to finish 2nd in the AL East this season? Trust me, my baseball forecasting abilities are not representative of how I forecast the weather!!!!
  2. What will be on my menu for tailgating at Maryland Terps football games this season?  With the 2011 season beginning in 3 weeks, I really need to get my act together and figure out what I'll be making for my menu this season.
  3. What do I think are the best live classic rock albums of all time?  Those who know me know how much I love live albums.  Recently I've found 2 albums that have completely floored me.  Mountain's "Twin Peaks" and Gov't Mule's "Mulennium."
  4. What did I learned about making my first mead?  When I was on vacation in Massachusetts a few weeks ago I bought a bunch of honey at the farmer's market with the intent of making some mead.  I sure hope to make some within the next week or so.  I'll let you know how it goes.
  5. What is up with the craft beer scene in baseball stadiums now a days?  I've been to games in 6 different baseball stadiums this season and want to share some notes on what I found.
Anyways, if any of these topics tickle your fancy, please leave me a comment so I know which one to start with.  Otherwise I'll probably just go in a random order.

Cheers friends!
-Brent

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog with much more interesting article, I will keep on reading your update. Thanks for the share.
    Cabinet Makers Baltimore Md

    ReplyDelete